Explore the Lineage of past and current dogs.
For three and half decades, Alkas'iber kennels has been racing, showing, and producing quality Siberian Huskies. We are committed to the working sled dog described in the American Kennel Club Standard for the breed.
SITE IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION! Please excuse grammar mistakes, as it has not be edited. More photos coming soon.
- Founded in 1978 by George and Ann Cook
- Promoting the standard-fitting, working Siberian Husky
- Breeders of six generations of AKC champions (including multiple BISS and AOMs), working titlied dogs (49 individual sled dog titles including multiple S.D.Os), obedience and rally titles, including HIT.
- Winner of the Siberian Husky Club of America Awards multiple years:
- Lombard-Norris award for Best Distance Team
- Working-Showing Trophy for top dual purpose kennel
- Finishers of the Yukon Quest (first from the lower 48 states)
- Labrador 400 (highest placing US team, 3rd)
- Fort Kent 250 ( fastest all Siberian team)
- Ann: AKC approved judge; has judged all continents except for Africa and Antarctica. Author of Running North.
- George: Frequent Race marshall. Past ISDRA Regional Director/Secretary for 16 years.
- Retired from racing in 2006, still running recreationally
- Still showing selectively. Breeding very occasionally.